Heart attacks are serious medical emergencies that require immediate attention from a doctor. You could be at risk of a deadly heart attack – or myocardial infarction – if you develop any of these strange symptoms, it’s been claimed.
Heart attacks are caused by a lack of blood reaching the heart.
Without enough blood, the heart could become seriously damaged – and it may even be life-threatening.
A heart attack could also be a symptom of coronary heart disease, which is where fatty deposits build up in the arteries, which limits the amount of blood reaching the heart.
There are a number of signs that you should watch out for, as they could be caused by a deadly heart attack.
These symptoms are often described as ‘silent’ signs, because they may be easily ignored.
Dizziness, sudden fatigue or throat pain could all be the early signs of a myocardial infarction, warned Chemist 4 U founder, Shamir Patel.
You may also develop an unusual pain in your arm or in your stomach, and you may also start to sweat profusely.
Some patients could also develop swollen ankles or feet, as a result of an irregular heartbeat.
Heart attack symptoms: A certain type of sweating could be a sign [SYMPTOMS]
Heart attack: Gastrointestinal issues that could signal your risk [SIGNS]
Heart attack warning – the subtle feeling in your stomach [SYMPTOMS]
“There are many ‘silent’ symptoms which may indicate a heart attack,” Patel told Express Health.
“These can be fatal if you’re not aware of the unusual types of concerns which could manifest to an attack.
“Of course, any form of chest discomfort is the most common sign of heart attack danger.
“If you’re experiencing any or more of these symptoms, seek medical advice immediately.”
- Heart attack: The simple move that could protect you against condition
Silent heart attack symptoms
- Nausea, heartburn and stomach pain – common in women
- Faintness, dizziness and lightheadedness coupled with chest discomfort – it could mean your heart isn’t pumping as it should be
- Pain spreading to your arm and radiating down the left side of your body
- Sudden fatigue – suddenly feeling unusually fatigued and exhausted and being unable to complete slight tasks such as taking the stairs – especially within women
- Throat pain, a persistent cough and increased snoring which is spreading up from the chest
- Fever and sweating – a high fever and increased sweating with any of the other symptoms needs medical attention immediately
- Swollen feet and ankles – an irregular heart beat and swelling to your feet and ankles is also an indication that your heart is under consistent strain
- Heart attack link with hot flushes and night sweats
The most common heart attack signs include severe chest pain and having a sudden feeling of anxiety.
But you can lower your risk of a heart attack by making some small diet or lifestyle changes.
Eating a healthy, balanced diet will lower your chances of fatty deposits in your arteries.
If you think you, or someone you know, may be having a heart attack, it’s crucial that you dial 999 straight away.
Source: Read Full Article